Today’s Groupon Calgary Daily Deal of the Day: Olympic Oval: $16 for Adult Skating Pass for Two or $22 for Family of Four (Up to 49% Off)
Buy now for only $16
Discount 40% Off
What You’ll Get
- $16 for Adult Skating Pass and Skate Rental for Two
- $22 for Skating Pass and Skate Rental for Family of Four. Includes:
- Free skate rental
This is a limited-time offer. Quantities are limited so don’t miss out!
Click here to buy now or for more info about the deal.
288 Collegiate Blvd Northwest
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
At the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, speed skating made its indoor Olympic debut inside the Olympic Oval. Though that was three decades ago, top athletes from around the world still flock to the Oval to skate, train, and compete on its superior ice.
But you don’t have to be an Olympic athlete to glide around this world-class facility: public skating times open the doors to the skaters of all ages, enabling the entire community to fully experience one of Calgary’s most-iconic sites. Here are some fast facts about the Oval:
- It has three different ice surfaces: They include a long-track speed skating oval and two Olympic-sized hockey rinks, which fit neatly inside the oval ice.
- The ice is fast: In fact, the Oval refers to its ice as “the fastest ice in the world”. That’s because the ice here is made with demineralized water, which reduces the amount of dirt and mineral build-up—and thus, friction—between the ice and skate blades.
- World records are common: Thanks to the ice’s speed, world records are broken all the time here. In fact, around 300 records have been set in long- and short-track skating over the past few decades.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 3, 2018. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Click here to buy now or for more information about the deal. Don’t miss out!