Last Chance Reminder: I originally posted about this deal last week. Here’s a reminder that today is your last chance to buy the deal as it expires tonight. At the time of this post, they have sold over 100+ vouchers so don’t miss out!
Today’s Groupon Calgary Daily Deal of the Day: Lunchbox Theatre – $25 for Two Tickets to a One-Act Play on February 2–May 9 (Up to 50% Off)
Buy now for only $25
Discount 50% Off
You Save $25
The Groupon Deal:
- $25 for two tickets to a one-act play (up to $50 value)
- When: select dates, February 2–May 9
- Showtimes: Monday-Saturday at 12:10pm, Thursday-Friday at 6:10pm
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre
- General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the calendar
- This Groupon is valid for the first week of performances for any of the below shows
- Speed Dating for Sperm Donors (February 2–7): Based on Natalie Meisner’s personal journey—a story captured in her acclaimed book Double Pregnant—this poignant comedy follows Helen and her partner Paige as they search for the ideal man to father their kids-to-be.
- Ivanka Chews the Fat (March 9–14): Jo-Ann Waytowich’s outrageous pseudo Eastern European character—a Lunchbox standard—returns to try her very determined hands at motivational speaking. Ivanka uses song, dance, and story to inspire her fans to embark on a “10-point personal tune-up,” tackling everything from personal image to aging.
- A Worthy Opponent (April 6–11): The biggest rival Ivy has for Nathan’s affection is the one woman who’ll never leave: his mother. Meg Bream’s dissection of the wife/mother-in-law dynamic sees Ivy and Penelope fiercely battle for Nathan’s affections in a funny, thoughtful, and awfully close-to-home debate-style performance.
- Dads in Bondage (May 4–9): This Lunchbox classic pulls back the curtain on a trio of brand-new stay-at-home dads as they struggle to adjust to their new responsibilities and leave the office life behind. What they find: a lot more snacks and a lot less time to make paperclip necklaces.
This is a limited 1-week only sale that will expire at midnight on Saturday, December 13, 2014.
Click here to buy now or for more info about the deal. Quantities are limited so don’t miss out!
In a Nutshell
Four original one-act plays—many by Calgary writers—snag audiences’ attention in noon and occasional evening shows.
The Fine Print
Expires May 9th, 2015. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Lunchbox Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Lunchbox Theatre’s current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For disability seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher – availability is limited. Valid for select dates only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
160-115 9 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 0P3
The name isn’t as mysterious as it might seem. In 1975 Bartley Bard, Margaret Bard, and Betty Gibb wanted to give Calgary’s workforce the chance to lose themselves in a story during their lunch hour, and so they founded Lunchbox Theatre. Four decades later, they’ve remained true to their original intent. Appealing to audiences of all ages, the company presents original one-act plays—many written by locals—to people on lunch breaks, splitting the day in half with a well-timed chuckle or catchy song. And hammering home the experience is the informal atmosphere, which allows audience members to actually eat their lunch or to simply sit back and wonder if their neighbor might share some pretzels if they asked nicely.
Click here to buy now or for more information about the deal. Don’t miss out!