Today’s Groupon Calgary Daily Deal of the Day: Macleod Optometry: $26 for $200 Worth of Prescription Eyewear or Prescription Sunglasses (87% Off)
Buy now for only $26
Discount 87% Off
What You’ll Get
- $200 Value Towards Prescription Glasses or Prescription Sunglasses
This is a limited 3-day only sale that will expire at midnight on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Click here to buy now or for more info about the deal.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid Prescription required. Optometrists available on site for most locations, must call ahead or book online for optometrist appointment; subject to availability. Valid only in-store. Not valid for sale items or non-prescription sunglasses. Cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Macleod Optometry 8855 Macleod Trail Southwest Unit 101, Calgary, AB T2H 0M2 (5.1 miles)
Four Things to Know About Wayfarer Sunglasses
Every time vintage makes a comeback, wayfarers will be an essential accessory. Check out Groupon’s overview of wayfarers’ life in the sun.
1. The designer: a Ray-Ban employee named Ray. In 1952, Raymond Stegeman developed his concept for wayfarers, creating a new standard for eyewear design in the process.
2. They revolutionized sunglass design. Ray-Ban came into prominence in the 1930s after creating aviators, sunglasses with thin, metal frames intended to protect pilots from the sun’s glare. Wayfarers traded function for pure style, combining mid-century aesthetics with a striking silhouette and a bold new material—plastic.
3. They were the 1960s’ standard for cool. Icons such as James Dean, Roy Orbison, and JFK sported the shades.
4. Never mind the 1970s. Wayfarers couldn’t block the glare of disco lights as well as oversized sunglasses, so they fell out of favor until, in 1982, Ray-Ban made a $50,000-a-year contract to have their products placed in films such as Risky Business.
Click here to buy now or for more information about the deal. Don’t miss out!