Last Chance Reminder: I originally posted about this deal last week. Here’s a reminder that today is your last chance to buy the deal as expires tonight. At the time of this post, they have sold over 175+ vouchers so don’t miss out!
Today’s Groupon Calgary Daily Deal of the Day: Lunchbox Theatre: $25 for Two Tickets to Any 2016 Show from January 12th – May 21st, 2016 (50% Off)
Buy now for only $
Discount 50% Off
The Groupon Deal
- $25 for two general admission tickets to any performance from January 12th – May 21st, 2016 (up to $50 value)
- Click here to view the season lineup.
Lunchbox Theatre 2016 Season
The theatre kicks off its 2016 season with a trio of plays mingling drama, comedy, mystery, and biography. Take a look at the shows scheduled from January through April:
- Paddle Song (January 11 and 23): Written and directed by Dinah Christie, this celebration of Canadian First Nations literary icon E. Pauline Johnson follows her from her childhood on Chiefswood to her storied career touring Canada, the United States, and Europe.
- Book Club (February 8 and 27): In this world premiere, a “perfect” wife and mother is at the center of a bizarre mystery when she disappears suddenly. Fortunately, her book club is there to pick up the trail—and learn about her secret life behind the domestic facade.
- In On It (March 21 and April 9): Two men—This One and That One—struggle for control over the narrative as the story transforms from a dying man preparing for the end to a pair of bickering lovers trying to work things out to two men attempting to put on a play.
This is a limited 6-day only sale that will expire at midnight on Tuesday, January 19, 2015.
Click here to buy now or for more info about the deal. Quantities are limited so don’t miss out!
In a Nutshell
Biographical dramas, mystery-comedy mash-ups, and experimental theater fill out Lunchbox Theatre’s 2016 season
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 22, 2016. Limit 6/person. Reservation required. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant’s current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Valid only for first-week performances of shows. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
160 9 Avenue Southeast
Calgary, AB T2G 0P3
The name isn’t as mysterious as it might seem. In 1975 Bartley Bard, Margaret Bard, and Betty Gibb wanted to give Calgary’s workforce the chance to lose themselves in a story during their lunch hour, and so they founded Lunchbox Theatre. Four decades later, they’ve remained true to their original intent. Appealing to audiences of all ages, the company presents original one-act plays—many written by locals—to people on lunch breaks, splitting the day in half with a well-timed chuckle or catchy song. And hammering home the experience is the informal atmosphere, which allows audience members to actually eat their lunch or to simply sit back and wonder if their neighbor might share some pretzels if they asked nicely.
Click here to buy now or for more information about the deal. Don’t miss out!